The file attached below contains data regarding Public Rights of Way in Surrey. This is a digital representation of information contained within the Surrey Definitive Map (which constitutes the Council's legal record of the position and particulars of public rights of way). The following points should be noted when using and viewing the contents of this dataset:
- It is for information only.
- It remains only an interpretation of the Definitive Map and cannot be used in its place nor as the legal record.
- It should not be relied upon for determining the position or alignment of any public right of way. You should always refer to the Surrey County Council Definitive Map and Statement for exact information regarding the alignment and status of a right of way as these may have been changed by subsequent legal orders.
- The fact that a right does not appear in this data does not necessarily mean that it did not exist at its relevant date. The data in no way prevents the acquisition by the public either by express dedication or by user, of higher or additional rights of way.
- Since this database was last updated changes may have been made to the Definitive Map.
- The same data may also be viewed on The Council's own Rights of Way Interactive Map.
- Alternatively a continuously updated version of the Rights of Way data can be viewed on our 'track a fault' map.
Format: ESRI shapefile
Last updated: 1 July 2019
Date added: 23 April 2019
For further information and links to other OpenData released by Surrey County Council please click the following link: Surrey Open data.
If you have any questions please use the following contact details.