Notice of Intention to install Cattle Grids - Thursley and Haslemere
Surrey County Council - Public Notice
Notice of Intention to Install Cattle-Grids and By-Passes Pursuant to Section 82 and Schedule 10 of the Highways Act 1980
Notice is hereby given under section 82 and Schedule 10 of the Highways Act 1980 ('the Act') that Surrey County Council ('the Council') wishes to construct cattle-grids on the Byways Open to All Traffic (BOATs) described below and by-passes on land adjacent thereto at the following locations (the numbering relates to the accompanying site plan Drg. No. 3/1/14/H50a):
1) BOAT 21a Haslemere – grid ref. 489357 134692
2) BOAT 502 Thursley – grid ref. 489822 135696
3) BOAT 503 Thursley – grid ref. 489861 135737
4) BOAT 500 Thursley – grid ref. 489682 135734
5) BOAT 500 Thursley – grid ref. 489629 136689
6) BOAT 500 Thursley – grid ref. 489711 136973
7) BOAT 500 Thursley – grid ref. 489551 137898
8) BOAT 501 Thursley – grid ref. 489870 137861
9) BOAT 501 Thursley – grid ref. 489296 137079
The National Trust, as landowner, has applied to Surrey County Council for the provision of cattle-grids with by-pass gates. A separate application for the installation of fencing will be made to the Secretary of State to enable conservation grazing on Hindhead Common.
Before determining under sections 82 or 86 of the Act, the question:
a) whether it is expedient to place any part of a cattle-grid in, or provide a by-pass on, any such land not forming part of a highway and not belonging to the highway authority as is mentioned in Section 82(4) of the Act, or
b) whether it is expedient to provide a by-pass along any part of a highway, or
c) whether the purpose for which a right to install gates is exercisable will be adequately achieved by the provision of a cattle-grid,
the Council is required to publish and display this notice.
Copies of this notice and plan may be inspected free of charge at:
- the Countryside Access Office, Surrey County Council, Merrow Depot, Merrow Lane, Guildford GU4 7BQ (by appointment Tel. 03456 009009) 10am to 4pm, Mondays to Fridays inclusive,
- Waverley Borough Council Offices, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR during normal opening hours and
- Haslemere Library, 91 Wey Hill, Haslemere, GU27 1HP during normal opening hours.
Representations must be made in writing to Countryside Access, Surrey County Council, Merrow Depot, Merrow Lane, GU4 7BQ, quoting reference SM/DP/3/1/14 before 8 July 2013.
Please note that in the interests of open government, responses to this consultation may be disclosed to the public and may be summarised for inclusion in committee reports.
Dated 31 May 2013
Assistant Director, Environment
Any enquiries relating to this notice should be directed to: Countryside Access Team, Surrey County Council, Whitebeam Lodge, Merrow Depot, Merrow Lane, Guildford GU4 7BQ. Tel: 03456 009009 or email: email@example.com
To view the Cattle Grid plan, please select the image to the left.