Footpaths 403 and 403a (Alfold)
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, Section 14(1)
The Surrey County Council
Public Footpath Nos. 403 & 403a (Alfold)
Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order 2020
On 25 November 2020, Surrey County Council will make a temporary order to prohibit all traffic on foot or any other means from entering or proceeding along that length of:
- Footpath No. 403 (Alfold) 331m south east from its junction with Footpath 403b (Grid ref. 504920 135714) to its junction with Footpath 403a.
- Footpath No. 403a (Alfold) from its junction with Footpath 403 (Grid ref.504924 135562) in a south westerly direction for 790m.
The Order is necessary by reason of danger to the public due to works to development works. It will be in operation from 26 November 2020 until 25 May 2021 or until completion of the works, if earlier, and while the relevant notices are displayed. The Secretary of State for Transport can extend that period if required.
The temporary closure will only be in operation when appropriate road traffic signs are displayed on site by the County Council or an authorised person acting on its behalf. Access to properties will not be affected.
The alternative routes for the closures are:
- From the northern end of the closure proceed in an easterly direction along the indicated permissive route to its junction with Bridleway 402. Turn right onto Bridleway 402 and proceed in a southerly direction to the south eastern end of the closure. The alternative route for traffic from the south eastern end of the closure is the reverse of the route described above.
- From the northern end of the closure proceed along Footpath 403 in a north westerly direction to the indicated permissive route. Turn left onto the permissive route and follow the permissive route as indicated on site in a south westerly, north westerly, and then generally southerly direction do the south western end of the closure. The alternative route for traffic from the south western end of the closure is the reverse of the route described above.
The 'Surrey County Council Public Footpath Nos. 403 & 403a (Alfold) Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order 2020' will be made by the County Council under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
Dated: 13 November 2020
Katie Stewart, Executive Director - Environment, Transport & Infrastructure
Enquiries to: Countryside Access Team, Surrey County Council, Whitebeam Lodge, Merrow Depot, Merrow Lane, Guildford GU4 7BQ.
Tel: 0300 200 1003 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Files available to download
- Footpath 403 and 403a (Alfold) temporary closure plan (PDF)
Plan showing the temporary closure of Footpath 403 and 403a (Alfold) and alternative route