Now you are newly retired, how do you want to spend your time? The Staff Retirement Association hosted by the County Council exists to help thousands of staff keep in contact who have worked:
- in County Hall
- in the many group, team, and service offices around Surrey
- in the police and fire services
- in County Council schools, either as teachers or their support staff
- in the District and Borough Councils of Surrey
Quarterly newsletter and monthly meetings
We publish a newsletter three times a year to our members, and we have group meetings monthly in:
- Ewell near Epsom
We invite you and your guests to attend any or all of these meetings to find out more. You will enjoy a very warm welcome with talks and presentations on a wide variety of subjects. Occasionally, groups have lunches for which there is prior booking and payment in advance.
Groups often arrange visits to local and regional places of interest in Surrey and the south-east of England, which are discussed at the monthly meetings.
We are self-funded and voluntary. We offer the option of paying our very modest annual membership by:
- automatic deduction from the SCC retired staff monthly superannuation
- annual cheque to our Membership Treasurer where automatic deduction is not possible
Joining the SCC Staff Retirement Association
If you have worked for but are now retired from any branch of the local government or State teaching sector in Surrey, and you would like to:
- receive our newsletter
- meet with like-minded and friendly people from similar backgrounds
Please contact our Chairman at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent SCC Staff Retirement Association publications
Files available to download
- Staff Retirement Association Newsletter No 117 Spring 2017 (2.1 MB)
Web edition of the Staff Retirement Association Newsletter.
- Staff Retirement Association meeting address list (333.8 KB)
Addresses and contact details for our monthly meetings.
- Surrey Staff Retirement Association meetings Spring 2017 (350.6 KB)
Details of the association's meetings from April to July 2017