This web page is for use by Surrey County Council staff only.
The council has negotiated a range of corporate discounts on train and bus travel for all staff and members. In addition there are other travel discounts available to eligible staff.
- Train fare discounts for Surrey staff
- Added value to train tickets - plusbus
- easit bus discount scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Bike loan scheme
- Car clubs
- Car sharing
- Staff travel plan
- Find out more
Train fare discounts for Surrey staff
- 15% discount on all Southern rail services outside of central London Zones 1-3.
- 15% discount on the First Great Western Guildford - Dorking - Redhill - Gatwick route, as part of the Southern rail discount scheme.
- 15% discount on travel to, and returning from, Reading or Oxford with First Great Western.
- 15% discount on travel to, and returning from, Bracknell, Wokingham, Winnersh Triangle and Reading with South West Trains.
Please also check the easit website for discount offers on other routes.
For more information on these offers through easitNETWORK go to the internal s-net page - search for 'Train fare discounts for Surrey staff'. Once you have read this information you can apply for your discount card. (We are awaiting a new apply link from the supplier and it will be added here as soon as we receive it)
Added value to train tickets - plusbus
- Add unlimited bus travel around town to your train ticket. You can hop-on any participating bus operator's services to and from the station and make other journeys as well.
For more information on this benefit see the plusbus web page.
easit bus discount scheme
- 20% discount on selected Arriva and Metrobus bus services in east Surrey.
For more information on this offer go to the internal s-net page - search for 'easit bus discount scheme'.
Season ticket loans
- An interest free season ticket loan on public transport and station car parking.
- The minimum loan period is three months and any previous loan must be fully repaid before a new one is granted.
- You can use this in conjunction with the easitNETWORK discount.
For more information on this offer see the internal SCC Info page - search for 'Season Ticket Loans'.
Cycle to Work Scheme
- Through the Government's Cycle-to-Work initiative you can save up to 42% (via salary sacrifice) on the cost of a brand new bike, up to the value of £3,000.
- This benefit gives you the opportunity to hire a cycle which may be bought at the end of the hire period (12 months).
- Find our more by reading the Cycle to Work frequently asked questions.
- You can look for approved cycle shops and apply in the My Cycle to work section of Surrey Extra.
Bike Loan Scheme
- An interest free loan scheme offing up to £500 on a brand new bike.
For more information on this offer see the internal s-net page - search for 'Cycle Loan and Hire Policy'.
The use of the car club vehicles are available 24/7 and 365 days a week and you can book cars for just half an hour at a time, or all day if needed. For more information about joining on our corporate account see the internal s-net page - search for 'Car Clubs'.
Private Use of car club: Join as a private member with your own account. Save on the costs of car ownership or replace the need for a second car. You just pay-as-you-go rather than having to fork out for tax, insurance, service and maintenance. We have special offers on personal membership:
- Enterprise Car Club: Through our staff offer with Enterprise Car Club, you and one other person at your home address can join for free (normally £60) to use the cars outside of work, and have free membership (with no minimum monthly charge) for your first 2 years. You'll only pay-as-you-go at simple hourly and mileage charges. See Enterprise Car Club locations in Surrey and pricing. As an Enterprise Car Club member you can also get a 5% discount on longer term car hire with Enterprise Rent-a-Car. The personal membership offer is open to all SCC staff. You don't need to have joined as a business user. Simply enter the promotional code SCC232 when you join on-line or call Enterprise Car Club on 0345 2669290. Join Enterprise Car Club.
- Zipcar offer a special discounted membership fee of £25 per year (normally £59.50). To take up this offer click on 'join through an organisation' (enter Surrey County Council) and select Employee Personal Offer. Join Zipcar.
- We've got our own car share website to help you find people to car share with. Plus there is a national car share website
- It's free to join and use as often as you like, whether for commuting, business or leisure
- You don't even need to be a driver to join, as you can seek a lift as a passenger only. You can also search for a walking or cycling buddy.
For more information on this offer see our internal s-net page - search for 'Car sharing'.
Staff Travel Plan
- Take a look at the Staff Travel Plan to see all the ways we help you to travel smart.
Please check that you are happy with the choices you make before signing up for these benefits.
Find out more
- For advice contact My Helpdesk
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or internal to My Helpdesk HR/CAE/SCC
- or by phone on 020 8541 9000 option 1.