Subject to the ongoing situation, it's essential that we continue recruiting safely. Therefore, interviews and communication will be virtual wherever possible and this will be communicated to you directly by the hiring manager.
Please also expect that advert closing dates and interview dates may change as required. We still continue to welcome applications for our current roles and wish you the best of luck with your application.
We would welcome applications especially for our most critical roles to ensure we're supporting our residents
This web page is for use by Surrey County Council staff only.
Surrey County Council has teamed up with GMP to offer eligible employees a low cost, hassle-free salary sacrifice car scheme.
Drive away a brand new car for a two or three year period, with flexible mileage options at a fixed monthly cost to suit your budget, with no deposit, credit checks or upfront costs required.
When you lease a car under GMPs driver car lease scheme, your fixed monthly cost will be deducted directly from your salary and will include the following benefits:
- reduced tax and NI contributions
- a full maintenance package with breakdown cover, accident management, road tax and replacement tyres
- Fully comprehensive motor insurance for you, your spouse or civil partner and up to two named drivers all registered at the same address
- early termination insurance against risk of redundancy and other lifestyle changes
- a dedicated Leasedrive helpdesk
- at the end of the lease you can either purchase the car or return it and get a new car on a further two or three year lease.
As you will be agreeing to sacrifice an element of your salary in order to join the scheme you should take advice before signing up as the scheme mirrors the arrangements of a company car:
- Drivers of lease cars will not be able to apply for a Surrey County Council Allstar fuel card.
- It may affect the value of your pension.
- It will affect your personal rate of tax.
- It will lower the business mileage re-imbursement rate you can claim.
- drivers of lease cars will not be eligible to claim taxable annual lump sums paid to reimburse drivers of privately owned cars
We recommend that you familiarise yourself with the scheme by reading the policy and frequently asked questions which are available on MyBenefits, so that you are fully aware of how the scheme works and if it suits your requirements.
Who's eligible to join the scheme?
- The GMP salary sacrifice car scheme is open to all members of staff contractually entitled to take part in the council's My Benefits salary sacrifice schemes, including firefighters and non-teaching staff working in community schools, voluntary controlled schools and short-term stay schools.
- Teachers on national terms and conditions of service are not able to apply due to the terms of their employment contract.
- The scheme is not open to non-teaching staff in academy, foundation, free or voluntary aided schools, where the council is not the named employer.
- Other eligibility criteria applies, please read the scheme policy for details.
Find out more
For further information on the scheme, follow these steps:
- Log on to the My Staff Shop website. If you have not already registered you will need to do so (you will need your payroll number).
- Navigate to 'my car' and select the GMP Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme.
Need some help?
For further support you can contact My Helpdesk HR by email: email@example.com or phone: 020 8541 9000 (option 1).