New benefits provider from 1 July 2018
My Staff Shop has been chosen as our new employee benefits provider and the Surrey Extra website will be updated on 1 July 2018. My Staff Shop offers a wide range of discounts. You will be able to save money on everyday spending as well as holidays, eating out and leisure activities.
Look out for updates on s-net, JiveSurrey (MyBenefits community page), MyReward bulletins and in directorate newsletters. You can also pick up a membership card and ask us about your benefits by visiting us at one of our drop in sessions:
- County Hall canteen (Kingston upon Thames) on 17 July 2018 from 11am to 2pm.
- Quadrant Court canteen (Woking) on 18 July 2018 from 11am to 2pm.
- Consort House (Redhill) on 19 July 2018 from 11am to 2pm.
How to log in from 1 July 2018
In order to access the retail discounts and salary sacrifice schemes, you will need to register on the website from 1 July. All you need to register is your payroll number (shown on your payslip) and date of birth.
Step 1. Go to www.surreyextra.co.uk/activate
Step 2. Enter your primary payroll number and date of birth
Step 3. Read and accept the terms and conditions and privacy notice
Step 4. Click 'Activate' to start registration
Step 5. Complete your profile and create a password
Following eligibility checks, you will receive an email within 7 days to confirm that you have full access to the scheme and can start saving.
The privacy notice details how we process your personal data.
If you participate in either the Cycle 2 Work or Cycleplus cycle schemes or the lease car scheme, you will not be affected by this change.
If you currently use the childcare voucher scheme you should have received a specific communication relating to these changes and what actions you need to take to continue in the scheme. Find out more about changes to childcare vouchers.
You chance to win (for Surrey employees only)
If you activate your Surrey Extra account before the 31 August 2018, you will be entered in a draw for a chance to win £50 or £25 worth of Rewards Beans (Rewards beans do not expire and can be used to redeem offers on the Surrey Extra website).
More details can be found in the raffle terms and conditions.
For the full range of current benefits available to employees follow the links under the headings below.
Surrey County Council employees have access to a wide range of benefits:
Advice and support staff benefits
Including: Housing advice, Employee Assistance Programme, Whistleblowing (Expolink), and Credit Union services. Find out more about advice and support benefits.
Health and wellbeing staff benefits
Including: healthcare plans, dental insurance, health and wellbeing assessments, gym/health club memberships and eye tests. Find out more about health and wellbeing benefits.
Family and lifestyle discounts via Surrey Extra
Including: childcare vouchers, food shopping, cashback, holidays, gifts, cinema tickets, weekends away, local offers/discounts and Microsoft Home User Programme. Find out more about family and lifestyle discounts.
Travel and transport staff benefits
Including: lease car scheme, travel insurance, cycle to work schemes, bus and train discounts, car clubs and car sharing schemes and much more. Find out more about travel and transport benefits.
Work and education staff benefits
Including: employee volunteering scheme, discounted adult learning courses and much more. Find out more about work and education benefits.
Other employee benefits
More information on the following benefits can be found on S-net:
- Pension Scheme
- Annual Leave
- Maternity and adoption pay
- Parental leave
- Sick pay entitlement
- Early retirement and severance scheme
- Long service awards at 25 and 40 years
- Special Leave for Reserve Forces Training
Surrey Extra / MyStaff Shop Raffle Terms & Conditions 2018
- If you have activated your Surrey Extra (My Staff Shop) Account by no later than midnight on 31 August 2018 you will be automatically entered into a free prize draw. All entrants are bound by these terms and conditions.
- My Staff Shop Limited registered in England and Wales Company Number 07710593. Registered Office: 2 Park Plaza, Battlefield Enterprise Park, Shrewsbury SY1 3AF is the Promoter of this Draw.
- Entry is free.
- My Staff Shop accepts no liability for Raffle tickets, entries, correspondence or prizes which are lost, delayed in the post, damaged or illegible, from which the prize winner cannot be identified.
- The closing date is 31 August 2018.
- The winner will be selected at random from all entries received.
- There are 3 prizes:
1st Prize - Reward Beans to the value of £50
2nd Prize - Reward Beans to the value of £25
3rd Prize - Reward Beans to the value of £25
Reward Beans can be used on My Staff Shop in accordance with the terms and conditions regarding use published on My Staff Shop.
- Prizes will be allocated in order of the entries being drawn from the first prize down to third.
- The result of the draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by email no later than 14 September 2018. Where My Staff Shop is unable to contact a prize-winner so that a prize remains unclaimed for six months following My Staff Shop's first attempt to notify the prize winner, My Staff Shop may apply the prize as it sees fit.
- Each prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Your information will be used to administer this draw. Please see our Full Privacy Notice on www.surreyextra.co.uk.
- My Staff Shop shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Surrey Human Resources employees will be excluded.