Skip to main content

Housing for Surrey employees

Coronavirus update

Subject to the ongoing situation, it's essential that we continue recruiting safely. Therefore, interviews and communication will be virtual wherever possible and this will be communicated to you directly by the hiring manager.

Please also expect that advert closing dates and interview dates may change as required. We still continue to welcome applications for our current roles and wish you the best of luck with your application.

We would welcome applications especially for our most critical roles to ensure we're supporting our residents

What's available to help you relocate?

If you need to relocate but cannot afford to buy a home, you may be able to get financial help through a government home ownership scheme.

Find out more about affordable home ownership schemes

There are a number of 'Help to Buy' options available in Surrey, designed to make buying a home more affordable. Alternatively you can rent a home at less than the market rate, allowing you to save for a future deposit.

Hiring managers may offer relocation assistance to attract applicants to roles that are hard to fill. Such offers will be subject to a business case approved by the Head of Service in consultation with the Head of HR.

The assistance offers a contribution towards the cost of relocating and does not apply to fixed-term appointments or employees on bank contracts. The hiring manager will be able to provide more information about what is available through the scheme..

Housing associations

Local district and borough councils have lists of housing associations in Surrey who provide affordable housing options for people who need extra support.

Some housing associations in Surrey offer housing which is specifically allocated for key workers.

Visit the relevant district and borough website to find out how to apply: