We believe people are our greatest asset. That's why we've gone out of our way to give staff everything they need to make their jobs easier, and everything they need for a more rewarding career.
We offer a competitive pay structure and, whichever job you're in, with Surrey you'll receive the following benefits:
- 24 days paid holiday a year increasing to 28 days after 5 years, pro-rata for part-time staff
- A local government salary related pension scheme into which you contribute a percentage of your salary determined by earnings. It may be possible to transfer previous pension rights to this scheme
- An annual training programme offering continual learning together with management, communication, supervisory and computer skills training
- Flexible working arrangements including job sharing, home working, term-time only working and hotdesking.
- Travel assistance ranging from season ticket loans to a street car scheme.
- An opportunity to exchange salary for a range of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers, health screening, dental insurance, personal accident scheme and retail vouchers.
Surrey County Council’s High Performance Development Programme (HPDP) provides managers, senior managers and staff with skills and knowledge on how to enhance performance, have difficult conversations and coach their teams. The format supports growing self-awareness, giving and receiving feedback and developing long lasting coaching relationships spanning the whole organisation.
We also maintain a number of in house leadership development courses on specific subject areas such as performance management, managing change and wellbeing.
To enhance and support managers to manage well, we provide access to a number of qualifications depending on your need and what kind of learning suits you. We offer the ILM level 3 and 5 for line managers and strategic managers both as a class room course over 6 months or as a work based portfolio over 12 months. This offer is linked to our commitment to support our approach and investment in apprenticeships and we have plans to expand this offer in the future.
In the future…
The leadership offer is currently being reviewed as part of our commitment to continuous improvement. With different opportunities available from spring next year, look out for more on subjects such as Systems Thinking, Personal Impact and Transformation.