Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy. When shortlisting applicants, in addition to ensuring you have the right skills, we also look at how your values are aligned to our values, and how you are able to make a positive difference for Surrey residents.
The values we follow are:
- Listen – We actively listen to others and expect to be listened to
- Responsibility – We take responsibility in all that we do at work
- Trust – We work to inspire trust, whilst trusting in others
- Respect – We are supportive, inclusive and committed to learning from others
A strong work ethic, and a positive attitude towards the job can carry you a long way. Our behaviours are what makes us stand out as an organisation, and we would expect anyone looking to work with Surrey County Council to uphold and adapt such behaviours.
Behaviours we promote within the organisation are:
- Be customer focussed – We put the customer at the heart of our work and take responsibility to uphold the customer promise in all that we do.
- Work as one team – We collaborate with and involve our partners, customers and colleagues to build strong and long lasting relationships based on listening, trust and mutual respect.
- Make things happen – We plan and deliver our work on time and effectively, making sure we understand the needs and priorities whilst considering all of our options.
- Communicate with purpose – We communicate clearly to all of our stakeholders, making sure that we listen, understand and inform in the process.
- Be the best we can be – We embrace the need for change and innovation, taking responsibility to improve our services and processes in the right way.
- Develop ourselves and others – We learn continually, we seek feedback about our own performance and support others to learn.