Finance Manager- Active Surrey
- Salary:Prorated Salary of £7,708 equivalent to £18.52 per hour
- Contract type:Fixed term
- Working hours:8
- Posted on:26 December 2019
- Closing date:18 January 2020
- Directorate:Children, Families & Learning
- Location:Quadrant Court, Guildford Road, Woking
This role is pro-rata'd to 8 hours per week and is a fixed term contract with an end date of 31st March 2021.
About the role
We are looking for an organised and proactive finance manager to support the work of Active Surrey, the lead agency for sport and physical activity in the county. If you have experience of budget monitoring and managing finance processes and systems and want to help make a difference to vulnerable people in Surrey, why not apply to join our dynamic and growing organisation?
Active Surrey has a vision to make Surrey the most active county and is committed to working in an innovative, inspiring and impactful way to get more people, more active, more often. This is because evidence shows that active people live healthier, happier and more prosperous lives.
As Finance Manager you will be responsible for the overall financial management of the organisation and ensuring a first-class financial support service. You will support the leadership team in the development of the organisation and as a member of the Senior Management Team you will also contribute to the wider management, governance and strategic planning of the organisation.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the preparation of all financial information, relating to strategic projections, annual planning, budgeting and statutory accounts, quarterly board reports, audit processes and ensuring adequate financial controls and governance are in place.
The Finance Manager will:
- Prepare and deliver quarterly variance reports and analysis of the financial health and performance of the organisation to the Board.
- Prepare annual management accounts, annual budget and annual survey reports to SCC & the Board.
- Drive efficiencies through system improvements to ensure data integrity.
- Highlight and report on clear risks and opportunities drawn out of financial data.
- Lead annual budget and forecasting cycle.
- Drive strategy with data.
- Develop financial reporting to help leadership team monitor all activities.
- Deliver timely and actionable information to the business in a digestible format.
- Develop medium term planning cycle.
- Prepare business plan for new business concepts.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of finance leadership supporting organisational success within a not for profit organisation.
- Have a clear grasp of the challenges faced and opportunities for a not for profit organisation.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities both with finance and non-financial colleagues.
- Be educated to degree level with an associated relevant professional finance related qualification, such as ACA / ACCA and significant post qualification experience.
Active Surrey, part of the national network of Active Partnerships, is a not for-profit organisation, hosted by Surrey County Council and based at Surrey County Council's offices in Woking. We are committed to achieving greater diversity in our team and encourage applicants from all backgrounds; we particularly welcome applications from disabled people and from black, Asian and minority ethnic people, who are under-represented in our workforce.
The successful candidate may occasionally be required to work outside their core hours to support our programmes and events and hours may increase at busy periods with time given off in lieu. Subject to business requirements being met, we are flexible as to how core hours are managed over the month.
For an informal discussion contact Elizabeth Duggan on 01483 404973 or by e-mail at Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 18th January 2020.
Interviews will take place at Surrey County Council Offices, Quadrant Court, Woking, GU22 7QQ on Friday 24th January 2020.
© Surrey County Council. © Ordnance Survey. Crown Copyright and Database Rights 2017. All rights reserved. 100019613
Back Apply online