At Surrey County Council we pay above the minimum wage rate and we have a number of benefits accessible to our apprentices to support with cost of living.
Apprentice salaries vary depending on the level of apprenticeship you undertake:
- Level 2/3 Apprenticeships - £14,839 per annum in year one.
- Level 2/3 Apprenticeship - £17,457 per annum in year two or the national minimum wage for your age.
- Level 4 Apprenticeship - £17,663
- Level 4 Apprenticeship - £17.663 per annum in year two or the national minimum wage for their age
- Level 5 Apprenticeship - £17,663
- Level 6 Apprenticeship - £17,663
You will be paid for time spent training or studying for your apprenticeship, while at work, at college or a training organisation.
As a Surrey County Council employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits:
NUS discount card
A NUS discount card is for UK apprentices and offers discounts on a variety of essentials from more than 140 high street and online retail partners.
Surrey County Council will pay for this, whilst you are a student undertaking your apprenticeship qualification.
Rail saver for 16-17 year olds
For just £30 per year, you will save 50% off most rail fares. Check out the 16-17 years website. For more information.
Rail discounts for 16-25 year olds
You will also be entitled to save money on rail fares if you are undertaking an apprenticeship. You can save a 1/3 off rail prices with this card.
You will have 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after two years service with an additional eight bank holidays. You also have the option available to buy and sell annual leave.
Travel and transport
A range of travel and transport benefits are available, including business mileage reimbursement; interest free rail and bike loans; a lease car, cycle schemes and discounted rail and bus fares.
Car club schemes for business use or personal use are available, as is access to short term vehicle hire for business use (all subject to conditions).
Apprentice Oyster Card - If you're 18 or over, live in a London borough and in your first year of an apprenticeship, you can get discounted travel with an Oyster photocard
Family and lifestyle discounts
There are thousands of family and lifestyle discounts available to you and your family through MyBenefits on our employee exclusive Surrey Extra website. You can save money on food shopping; holidays; a lease car; cinema tickets; clothes; school uniforms; weekends away and much more.
Health and well being
Find out more about our health and wellbeing staff benefits.
Local Government Pension Scheme
We offer membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme. Contributions range from 5.5% to 12.5% of pensionable pay based on earnings.
Employee Assistant Programme
Our Employee Assistance Programme offers free, confidential support and advice for you and members of your household.
Support is available in a number of ways:
- A telephone support service, providing advice, information and support 24/7, 365 days of the year.
- An employee website, providing comprehensive tools and guidance to help you with personal and social wellbeing issues.
- Dedicated manager's resources, including a website with tools and guidance, and a 24 hour telephone coaching service to talk through difficult issues.
- Free and confidential counselling.
Work and education
Find out more about our work and education staff benefits.