First Day Makers Inductions
We know how important the first day of a new job is, and also how daunting it can be. Surrey is passionate about making the first day for our starters an efficient and memorable experience. Our aim is for all starters to begin their career with Surrey feeling truly valued, and excited to be working here.
In our First Day Makers Inductions, starters will:
- Be met and greeted at reception.
- Receive a building pass and hear an overview of fire alarm procedures.
- Be taken on a tour of County Hall.
- Receive log ins and, where required, laptops.
- Have a session on IT basics (including SCC Info, Outlook, Portal and My Learning).
- Receive an overview of key information (MyBenefits, pay days, annual leave etc.).
In addition, this will be followed by a induction programme tailored to their new role. The role specific induction will be formulated and managed by the new starter's direct line management.
New members of staff will be invited to the 'Welcome to Surrey' event where they will have an opportunity to meet our benefits teams, have any initial questions or concerns answered and create a network of people who, like them, are new to the organisation.
Professional Development Programme - working together to help you develop
Community Protection Environment & Emergencies is a great and diverse place to work and gain valuable training through our fantastic Professional Development Programme (PDP).
- Successful candidates will enter a programme at a level/ grade appropriate to their qualifications, knowledge and experience.
- Some of our programmes include educational day release with progression, dependent on candidates passing relevant modules.
- The criteria for each stage of development and progression will be set out in the learning agreement, whilst mentoring support will be provided by experienced colleagues.
Please see our current Professional Development Programme (PDP) vacancies.