Subject to the ongoing situation, it's essential that we continue recruiting safely. Therefore, interviews and communication will be virtual wherever possible and this will be communicated to you directly by the hiring manager.
Please also expect that advert closing dates and interview dates may change as required. We still continue to welcome applications for our current roles and wish you the best of luck with your application.
We would welcome applications especially for our most critical roles to ensure we're supporting our residents
Our Environment Service maintain and improve the countryside and works within the Surrey Environment Partnership to carry out planning regulatory and waste management function.
The Service work with our partners to ensure sustainable development, the maintenance and improvement of the countryside; and continue to manage Surrey's waste in the best, most cost effective way.
The Service comprises of three groups:
- Environment Commissioning Group
- Environment Delivery Group
- Planning Group
Environment Delivery Group
The Environment Delivery Group is responsible for managing the delivery of outcomes across Waste and Countryside functions within Surrey including contract management all aspects of key service delivery across with our partners. Responsibilities for the group also include:
- Improvement of landscape within Surrey for its biodiversity, cultural and economic value
- Maintenance of the public rights of way network
- Provide more sustainable means of travel
- Provide access to open spaces for recreation and health and well-being activities for residents
Environment Commissioning Group
Environment Commissioning focuses and is responsible for commissioning outcomes through:
- Defining environment priorities
- Service performance measures
- Working with partner organisations to achieve service specifications
- Lead on directorate key environmental policies such as waste, countryside, air quality and special projects