We will invest in you and support you to become the best you can be. This will help you, and us, deliver outstanding service for our children and their families.
To help us achieve that we have:
- A Practice, Quality and Learning Team to help you develop your practice.
- A commitment to support you in your Continuing Professional Development and a comprehensive training programme that provides you with training opportunities throughout your career
- Close working links with colleges and universities, including Kingston University.
- An ethos of support, providing you with regular individual and group supervision to develop your skills in different areas.
We have adopted a strength-based and child and family focused approach to ensure that you, and the rest of our staff, plan for success.
Signs of Safety is the predominant strengths based practice model used in Children's Services and areas of Surrey Family Services. We also have a range of other approaches being used effectively in our work with children and families in social care and right across our services, such as restorative practice, social pedagogy and systemic and person centered approaches. We believe that, with the right support, families have the resources they need to grow and find solutions. We'll help you give them that support by:
- Providing you with core training on key practice models and motivational interview training.
- Helping you develop your confidence and questioning skills.
- Supporting you to be intellectually curious as you assess, analyse risk and make important safeguarding decisions.
Coaching is a developmental technique which targets high performance and improvement at work. It usually focuses on specific goals and skills, and can also impact personal attributes such as social interaction and confidence. It can help you achieve your goals more quickly and effectively than you could by yourself. Coaching isn't about giving you answers, but giving you the time, space and ability to work through problems yourself.
All staff at SCC can access a coach from our pool of internal coaches. Your coach can work with you 1-2-1, asking you the right questions to unlock your potential. Some of our coaches also offer career coaching and can help you think about your career aspirations and plan for working towards them. We also encourage mentoring through local arrangements whereby an experienced colleague can support the development of others.
Managers can also access telephone coaching support with difficult management issues, via our Employee Assistance programme.
Files available to download
- Your Development: Children's Services (364.2 KB)
Flyer with information about coaching, personal development, leadership development and professional development.