We will invest in you and support you to become the best you can be. This will help you, and us, deliver outstanding service for our children and their families.
To help us achieve that we have:
- A Practice, Quality and Learning Team to help you develop your practice.
- A commitment to support you in your Continuing Professional Development and a comprehensive training programme that provides you with training opportunities throughout your career
- Close working links with colleges and universities, including Kingston University.
- An ethos of support, providing you with regular individual and group supervision to develop your skills in different areas.
We have adopted a strength-based and child and family focused approach to ensure that you, and the rest of our staff, plan for success.
Signs of Safety is the predominant strengths based practice model used in Children's Services and areas of Surrey Family Services. We also have a range of other approaches being used effectively in our work with children and families in social care and right across our services, such as restorative practice, social pedagogy and systemic and person centered approaches. We believe that, with the right support, families have the resources they need to grow and find solutions. We'll help you give them that support by:
- Providing you with core training on key practice models and motivational interview training.
- Helping you develop your confidence and questioning skills.
- Supporting you to be intellectually curious as you assess, analyse risk and make important safeguarding decisions.