Subject to the ongoing situation, it's essential that we continue recruiting safely. Therefore, interviews and communication will be virtual wherever possible and this will be communicated to you directly by the hiring manager.
Please also expect that advert closing dates and interview dates may change as required. We still continue to welcome applications for our current roles and wish you the best of luck with your application.
We would welcome applications especially for our most critical roles to ensure we're supporting our residents
We will invest in you and support you to become the best you can be. This will help you, and us, deliver outstanding service for our children and their families.
To help us achieve that we have:
The Surrey Children's Services Academy which provides learning opportunities which supports the development of an outstanding and resilient children's workforce by ensuring we create a culture of continuous learning opportunities.
We are committed to supporting you in your continuing professional development through a comprehensive learning and development programme, regular training on relevant trends and topics, workshops and peer/social learning opportunities we are able to offer you learning opportunities that will further enhance your qualifications, skills and professional development.
There are significant opportunities for career progression across all our teams within Surrey.
Social Workers who wish to become Senior Social Workers will be invited at regular intervals to make an internal application, this will be an assessed process. The Social worker applicant will need to be supported by their manager and a portfolio of evidence. Guidance is set out below:
- Before completing an application they will need to refer to the domains of the Professional Capabilities Frame Work (PCF) and the Knowledge and Skills Statements (KSS)
- Review their casework and other documentation in order to identify documents that will give their evidence to support the application.
- Discuss your application with your line manager in your supervision. You may find it useful to set aside a session to discuss your evidence and application.
- Attend a preparation secessions that have been set up by the SCSA to explain the progression scheme.
- Write their application and add supporting documentation.