We will invest in you and support you to become the best you can be. This will help you, and us, deliver outstanding service for our children and their families.
To help us achieve that we have:
- A network of Assistant Principal Social Workers focused on the development of practice in terms of skills, knowledge and the latest research and methodologies.
- A commitment to support you in your Continuing Professional Development and a comprehensive training programme that provides you with training opportunities throughout your career
- Close working links with colleges and universities, including Kingston University.
- An ethos of support, providing you with regular individual and group supervision to develop your skills in different areas.
The Safer Surrey Approach
We are adopting a strength-based approach – ‘the Safer Surrey Approach’ – to ensure that all you, and the rest of our staff, plan for success and work in a restorative way.
We believe that, with the right support, families have the resources they need to grow and find solutions. We’ll help you give them that support by:
- Providing you with motivational interview training.
- Helping you develop your confidence and questioning skills.
- Supporting you to be intellectually curious as you assess, analyse risk and make judgements.