Assessment and Intervention Teams
As a member of the Assessment and Intervention teams you will be working with children from pre-birth to 18, in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Both teams are supported by strong management, regular supervision and a culture of learning and development, with opportunities to access a range of training activities. Staffed by service managers, team managers, social workers and family support workers.
Working in the Assessment team provides opportunities to experience a broad range of social work practice. These include:
- Undertaking Child and Family Assessments
- The completion of Section 47/child protection processes
Working in the Intervention team also provides a broad range of social work practise. These include:
- The provision of a child in need offer through intensive direct work
- Involvement in private law proceedings (section 7 and Special Guardianship reports
- The accommodation of children using Looked After Children processes
- The initiation of care proceedings using the Public Law Outline in emergency situations
All referrals go to our Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)