Subject to the ongoing situation, it's essential that we continue recruiting safely. Therefore, interviews and communication will be virtual wherever possible and this will be communicated to you directly by the hiring manager.
Please also expect that advert closing dates and interview dates may change as required. We still continue to welcome applications for our current roles and wish you the best of luck with your application.
We would welcome applications especially for our most critical roles to ensure we're supporting our residents
Service Manager: £51,979 - £58,788 per annum
As a Service Manager in Surrey you will:
- Motivate, inspire and challenge your team, enabling them to deliver excellent service to children and their families.
- Line-manage and supervise a number of team managers and support them in their supervision and management of social workers.
- Ensure your team achieves their set goals and understands and complies with statutory requirements.
- Have an overview of your team's work, outcomes and performance using management and performance data.
You will also:
- Be responsible for budgets and prioritising spending within your team.
- Get involved with strategic development and ongoing improvements for your service.
- Attend management group meetings with other team managers and partnership organisations, to develop county-wide strategies.
- Need to be able to demonstrate that you can balance the effective and efficient delivery of a service in-line with your teams remit, alongside your wider strategic and developmental roles.
- Be a central conduit in ensuring that senior managers are aware of practice challenges and successes, and that those practitioners understand and implement our statutory requirements.
As a Service Manager you will be supported by regular supervision and have access to an excellent programme of ongoing support and training.
To apply for a Service Manager role please use the apply button above and complete an online application form by clicking on the "apply" button at the bottom of the advert.
Alternatively please email your CV to email@example.com letting us know which team/s or location/s would be of interest to you.
Files available to download
- Service Manager - Sample Total Reward Statement 17-18 (349.7 KB)
This statement illustrates the value of your total reward package with Surrey County Council. The information is based on 2017/2018 pay and benefits available to you as a Service Manager.