Subject to the ongoing situation, it's essential that we continue recruiting safely. Therefore, interviews and communication will be virtual wherever possible and this will be communicated to you directly by the hiring manager.
Please also expect that advert closing dates and interview dates may change as required. We still continue to welcome applications for our current roles and wish you the best of luck with your application.
We would welcome applications especially for our most critical roles to ensure we're supporting our residents
Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE): £32,251 per annum
We are committed to improving outcomes for children and young people, we want to make a difference to their lives and believe this starts with investing in our practitioners to support them to become the best they can in order to deliver an outstanding service.
As part of this commitment we offer support to Newly Qualified Social Workers (NQSW) undertaking their Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) through our Surrey Children's Service Academy, who provide a structured programme of induction, supported practice, skills development, learning and training to enable you to consolidate your learning and acquire the knowledge, skills and experience you need to embark on your career in this rewarding but challenging work.
You will receive regular high quality supervision and be supported by strong and visible leadership. The AYSE assessor will be a qualified and registered social worker.
ASYE programme in Surrey
- Weekly supervision for the first six weeks following induction, fortnightly supervision until six months and then monthly supervision until the end of the programme.
- You will hold a 90% case load in order to ensure that you have the time to develop your potential and enable theory and practice to become aligned.
- Opportunity to co-work cases in order to learn from more experienced practitioners.
- You will be assessed against the Professional Capability Framework (PCF) and Knowledge and Skills Statement (KandS) at three, six and twelve months.
- An ASYE group is provided for you to learn from and with your peers and you will be able to access Core training identified for NQSW.
- At the end of the year you will produce a portfolio of evidence which will include: Reflective supervision, direct observations, feedback from users of services and professionals, your learning and development plan and the reports of your assessor.