Skip to main content

Becoming a children's social worker

To join us as a social worker you'll need to have:

  • An appropriate social worker qualification.
  • Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration.
  • A full valid UK driver's licence and vehicle.
  • Experience of working with children and young people is preferable within a statutory childcare environment.
  • The ability to demonstrate that you're child focused and have knowledge of best practice and relevant legislation.
  • Commitment to providing the very highest standards of care.
  • An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure (formerly known as the Criminal Records Bureau disclosure) with Children's and Adults barred checklist.

Find out more about becoming a social worker, by visiting the National Careers Service website.