Qualifications and experience
To join us as a Social Worker you'll need to have:
- An appropriate Social Worker qualification.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration.
- A full valid UK driver's licence and vehicle.
- Experience of working with children and young people is preferable within a statutory childcare environment.
- The ability to demonstrate that you're child focused and have knowledge of best practice and relevant legislation.
- Commitment to providing the very highest standards of care.
- An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure (formerly known as the Criminal Records Bureau disclosure) with Children's and Adults barred checklist.
Find out more about becoming a social worker, by visiting the National Careers Service website.
- On receiving CVs from applicants, the Specialist Lead Consultant Surrey Recruitment Taskforce reviews them to ensure that applicants have the correct qualification and required experience for the role.
- Suitably qualified applicants are sent a series of screening questions that are relevant to the role they have applied for. These are then marked by members of the Recruitment Taskforce Team who are at Service Manager Level.
- Those who have answered the above questions satisfactorily are sent a timed test.
- Successful applicants at this stage are invited to a selection day.
- Once an offer has been made an assigned officer from the Taskforce will keep you updated on the progress of your onboarding.
Why become a Social Worker?
Improve, empower and care
- Improve the lives of the children and young people living in Surrey.
- Empower children and young people to have voice.
- Care about children and young people, their wellbeing and their future.
Our poem about what it means to be Children's Social Worker
Children are at the heart of all we do, together during the difficult times we help them through.
Each child and their family unique with their needs, our sights on the goal, for that child to succeed.
We're more than the definition a Social Worker, we want to see every child exceed and go further.
We take every moment to stop and listen, leaving nobody behind is our vision and mission.
Joining us on our journey with your passion and drive, could see a looked after child go on in life and thrive.
We equally appreciate the importance of you, your wellbeing, your health and your happiness too.
We invest in our team, we support you to help others,to not only help children but their fathers and mothers. To do this we ensure your caseload is capped, so your time is spent delivering a positive impact. Our academy will see you develop over time, to be the best that you can be, a Social Worker in their prime.
We're building a new approach as part of our transformation, with your development at the core of our very foundation. So why not join us on this empowering movement, we'd love to hear how your ideas could drive further improvement. If your values speak to ours and you want to learn more, we'd welcome a conversation and we're here with an open door.