Subject to the ongoing situation, it's essential that we continue recruiting safely. Therefore, interviews and communication will be virtual wherever possible and this will be communicated to you directly by the hiring manager.
Please also expect that advert closing dates and interview dates may change as required. We still continue to welcome applications for our current roles and wish you the best of luck with your application.
We would welcome applications especially for our most critical roles to ensure we're supporting our residents
Why join us?
- Excellent career structure with promotion opportunities
- Competitive salary and excellent staff benefits
- Personal development plan tailored to you
- Welcoming environment for newly qualified staff
- Quality training and a supportive HR programme
- Flexible and mobile workforce, meaning more time for face-to-face support
- Close partnerships with other agencies
- Locality focused: co-located with district and borough councils
- Opportunity to make a big difference to the lives of Surrey residents.
Supporting older people to live independently at home and supporting people with dementia were identified among the top priorities for Surrey County Council in our residents' survey, reinforcing the value local people place on our social care work.
Our aim is to support individuals to live their lives to the full, as independently and as safe as possible, remaining in their own homes for as long as possible while providing support to their families and carers.
We want to recruit staff who share this aim and provide them with training to help them do their job to the best of their abilities.
We support up to 30,000 people each year with many more benefitting from the services we provide through district and borough councils and the voluntary sector.