Skip to main content

Becoming an Adults Social Worker

To join Surrey County Council as a Social Worker in Adult Social Care, you will need:

  • An appropriate Social Worker qualification
  • Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration
  • Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure (formerly known as the Criminal Records Bureau disclosure) with Children's and Adults barred checklist
  • A full UK driver's licence and the use of a vehicle
  • Experience of working in Adult Social Care within a statutory Local Authority setting is preferable
  • Good knowledge of relevant legislation, a person centred approach, and applied knowledge of best practice, is essential
  • Commitment to providing the very best support

Not yet a Social Worker but want to be? Find out more about becoming a social worker, by visiting the National Careers Service website.

Files available to download