At Surrey County Council we provide a wide variety of services, which means we can offer careers in a diverse range of areas.
If you progress quickly, there maybe the opportunity to undertake work experience across other areas of the County Council, this will allow you to develop your skills and abilities in a wide range of environments.
The following services and teams offer apprenticeships and you can search below for any current positions available:
- Children, Schools and Families
- Adult Social Care and Public Health
- Environment and Infrastructure
- Business Operations
- Cultural Services
- Chief Executive's Office
- Customer Services
Children, Schools and Families
Our Children, Schools and Families Teams support children and families to get the best outcomes in life. They cover key areas of:
- Children with special educational needs
- Education planning and leadership
- Early years and childcare
- Fostering and adoption
- Safeguarding of children and child protection
- School admissions, finance and catering.
Adult Social Care and Public Health
Our Adult Social Care Teams support, care and protect the most vulnerable people in the community and offer support and advice to them, their families and carers. These include the elderly, adults with mental health problems, learning or physical disabilities, and those dealing with alcohol and substance misuse. They also work closely with other partnership organisations, such as the NHS and the police, to help prevent abuse and neglect.
Environment and Infrastructure
Our Environment and Infrastructure Teams work to provide safe, reliable journeys and a sustainable, prosperous Surrey. They cover key areas of:
Business Operations is a centralised service that helps to drive transformation and cost savings across the council's main business functions. These include pay, recruitment, project management, change management, organisation management, SAP specialists, IT, finance, pensions and HR.
Our Cultural Services Teams provide essential services which benefit all of Surrey's residents, businesses and visitors. They cover key areas of:
- Adult learning
- Registration of birth, death, marriage and civil partnerships
- Surrey arts
Chief Executive's Office
Our Chief Executive Office is responsible for communications, corporate policy, legal and democratic services and performance and audit. The teams are committed to ensuring that Surrey County Council's transformation and improvement remain firmly on track.
Our Customer Services Teams deliver services to our customers: the people and businesses of Surrey and their goal is to improve customer satisfaction. The teams are as follows:
- Contact Centre handle enquiries from residents on the full range of services provided by the county council.
- Web and Digital Services is responsible for the management, structure and maintenance of the public web site and microsites.
- Blue Badge Team administer the disabled parking badge scheme in Surrey.
- Customer Service Improvement Team use customer feedback to improve service delivery and customer experience.
- Customer Relations Team manage and report customer feedback, including impartial investigation of Stage 2 complaints.