The books and periodicals listed below give a flavour of the library collection at Surrey History Centre. Other books can be found by searching the Surrey Libraries Catalogue.
- Frow, Mayerline. Roots of the future: ethnic diversity in the making of Britain, CRE, 1996.
- Laver, Ann. Sugar, slaves and Surrey, dissertation, 2001.
- Visram, Rozina. Asians in Britain: 400 years of history, Pluto, 2002.
- Gill, Anton. Empire's children: trace your family history across the World, Harper, 2007.
- Islamic Society of Britain. 1000 years of Islam in Britain, 2005.
- Islamic Society of Britain. Muslims in Britain, 2006.
- Ansari, H. The Infidel within: the history of Muslims in Britain, 2002.
- Kershaw, Roger and Pearson, Mark. Immigrants and aliens: a guide to sources on UK immigration and citizenship, PRO, 2004.
- Kershaw, Roger. Migration Records: a guide for family historians, National Archives, 2009.
- Gandy, Michael. Family history cultures and faiths, National Archives, 2007.
- Wenzerul, Rosemary. A beginner's guide to Jewish genealogy in Great Britain, Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain, 2000.
- Wenzerul, Rosemary. A Guide to Jewish Genealogy in the United Kingdom, Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain, 2006.
- Joseph, Anthony. My Ancestor was Jewish, Society of Genealogists, 2008.
- Steel, D.J. and Samuel, Edgar R. Sources for Roman Catholic and Jewish genealogy and family history, Phillimore, 1974.
- Dawson, Robert. Gypsy names for Genealogists, vol 1: Surnames, and vol 2: Forenames, Robert Dawson, 2000.
- McGowan, Alan. On the Gypsy trail: sources for the family history of Gypsies, Romany and Traveller Family History Society, 1998.
- Davis, Bill. Irish family history research, Federation of Family History Societies, 1997.
- MacLysaght, Edward. Irish Families: their names, arms and origins, Irish Academic Press, 1985.
- National Archives of Scotland. Tracing your Scottish Ancestors, National Archives of Scotland, 2007.
- Bigwood, Rosemary. The Scottish family tree detective: tracing your ancestors in Scotland, Manchester U P, 2006.
- Adolph, Anthony. Tracing your Scottish Family history, Collins, 2008.
- The Vietnamese community in Woking, Maybury Centre Newsletter, 2002.
- A hidden history: the Chattri and the Muslim Burial Ground, Woking Galleries, 2004.
- Khulusi, S.A. Islam our choice, The Woking Muslim Mission and Literary Trust, 1961.
- Eid Sermons at the Shah Jehan Mosque, Woking, England 1931-1940, Nasir Ahmad, Aftab-ud-din, 2002. (Useful chapters on the early history of the mosque.)
- Leitner, Gottlieb Wilhelm. Writings of Dr. Leitner, complied by M Ikram Chaghatai, Sang-e-Meel Publications, 2002. (Chapters on Oriental Education including the Oriental Institute, Woking.)
- Chappell, Michael and Barbara. The history of Gypsy Travellers in Britain , RH7 History Group, 2003.
- McGowan, Alan. The Winchester confessions 1615-1616, Romany and Traveller Family History Society, 1996.
- The relief of Irish Protestant rolls: Surrey 1642, transcribed by Cliff Webb, East and West Surrey Family History Societies, 1988. Microfiche.
- Perri, Gabriella. Italian Immigration, the Anglo-Italian community in Woking, dissertation, 2001.
- Grannum, Guy. Tracing your West Indian ancestors, PRO, 2002.
- Crooks, Paul. A Tree without roots: the guide to tracing British, African and Asian Caribbean ancestry, 2008.
- Equiano, Olaudah. The interesting narrative and other writings, edited by V. Carretta, Penguin, 2003.
- Reeve, Dominic. Smoke in the Lanes, 2003, and No place like home, 1960.
- General family history periodicals may be of use to the researcher into the history of cultural diversity in Britain. Some of these are held at Surrey History Centre including:
- Ancestors (Surrey History Centre holds April/May 2001 to date.)
- Issue 10, October/November 2002 contains an article on 'Tracing African slave ancestors' by Paul Crooks.
- Practical Family History (Surrey History Centre holds 1998 to date.)
- Romany Routes: Journal of the Romany and Traveller Family History Society (Surrey History Centre holds March 2000 vol 4 no 6 to date).
- Local history society periodicals may also contain useful articles such as:
- Royds, John. 'Examinations of Irish people in Eighteenth Century Surrey' in Surrey History, Vol 5 no 3, 1996.
- 'Black people in 17th and 18th Century Putney' in Wandsworth Historian, issue 42, September 1984.