Please get in contact with us if you would be interested in dance for older adults and adults suffering with dementia.
- Open to everyone, all ages, any ability. No experience necessary, just the will to dance and move creatively!
- Have fun, improve your fitness and confidence whilst making new friends.
- Sessions will be led by dance artists with excellent experience of working with people of all ages and abilities.
Creative Dance at the Vyne
Fun and creative exercise geared to the older person. £3 per session.
- Tuesday afternoons 2.15 - 3.45pm
- The Vyne, Broadway, Knaphill, Woking, GU21 2SP
- Contact: Jill on 01483 763214 or Violet on 01483 481510
Second Hand Dance
Second Hand Dance runs a weekly class for adults aged 18-118, why don't you join us? Discover the joys of gentle dance through a weekly creative dance class and improve stamina, balance and co-ordination. Specifically aimed at adults who want more than an exercise class, join us to find a fun way to keep fit and healthy. This class is a friendly and social group who offer opportunities to perform and engage with other dance groups.
- Tuesdays 7.15 - 8.15pm
- Upper Lounge, Epsom Methodist church, Ashley Road, Epsom, KT18 5AQ
- Contact: email@example.com, 01372 815918, Second Hand Dance website
The Dance Movement
The Dance Movement is a not-for profit dance organisation that delivers a programme of dance activity to develop, nurture and sustain the community we live in.
We teach a range of dance classes, offer developmental opportunities to those aspiring for a career in dance and create dance performances with and for our community.
We run a range of dance classes in our community for young people and adults; we work with schools to develop curriculum based dance delivery across all key stages. We work with further and higher education providers to deliver bespoke programmes of dance.
We offer voluntary work placements for students and graduates; provide opportunities for aspiring dancers through assistant positions in educational settings and present dance companies and choreographers in partnership with Farnham Maltings.
We devise dance performances in collaboration with dancers, artists, film-makers and musicians. These often involve our local community and take place in all sorts of places. Our creations aim to deepen relationships between people and the place they exist in. We use dance as a means of communication and believe the body can teach us about how to experience the world imaginatively, fairly and respectfully.
We hope that in working with us people experience a wider understanding and appreciation of what dance can be and how it can enhance our lives.