Are you part of the charity, faith, community or volunteering sector with a great idea for a project? If so there are a number of different funding pots you can apply to as well as ways you can get advice and support for your project:
- Council member allocation - Each county councillor has a budget allocation so organisations and groups can apply for funds for projects that promote the social, economic and environmental well-being of the local community. Contact your local councillor to find out more.
- Keep Britain Tidy - Order a free Big Tidy Up kit for a local litter pick or clean up event.
- Community Covenant Grant Scheme - Funds local projects which strengthen the ties or the mutual understanding between members of the Armed Forces Community and the wider community in which they live.
- Councils for Voluntary Service in Surrey - Support for voluntary and community groups in Surrey including funding advice, training and information on areas like human resources and finance.
- Community Foundation for Surrey - A charitable trust that offers grant funding to local groups who make a real difference to the well-being of people in their communities
- Surrey Hills Sustainable Development Fund - Grants for organisations, businesses, community groups and individuals whose projects bring social, environmental and economic benefits to the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
- The London Marathon Charitable Trust - As a result of our involvement in hosting the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 and Classic, grants are available to local projects that get more people participating in sport and encourage local community engagement.
- Boost your communications - In May and June 2015 the Communications team at Surrey County Council held workshops aimed at improving communications within charities, faith, community and volunteering groups.
- SurreyCommunity.info - Community, voluntary and not-for-profit groups in Surrey can get a free website. SurreyCommunity will host your website, provide the software for editing it and any technical support - all you have to contribute is the time to create, edit and run your site.
- Co-op Local Causes - Co-op are looking for three projects, in each of around 1,500 local communities across the UK.
Files available to download
- 'Get Funded' funding opportunities leaflet (317.8 KB)
A guide to funding opportunities available to Surrey residents.