Annual Monitoring Report
The County Council has a statutory duty to prepare a monitoring report on minerals and waste planning in Surrey.
The reports cover:
- Progress on the minerals and waste development framework
- A review of policy implementation and performance
- Information on minerals resources, sales and the landbank
- Information on waste arisings, management and capacity
- General statistics on the number of planning applications received and decisions issued
- A review of planning enforcement and site monitoring work
- Progress on site restoration and environmental enhancement
Local Aggregate Assessment
Mineral Planning Authorities are also required to produce a Local Aggregate Assessment (LAA) and to update it annually. This includes forecasts of the demand for aggregates, an analysis of all aggregate supply options and the rate of future provision for land-won primary aggregates in Surrey. The latest LAA for Surrey was published in December 2016.
Aggregates Monitoring update
In advance of the publication of the Local Aggregate Assessment, an Aggregates Monitoring Update is published on this website each Spring / Summer setting out the results of the annual Aggregates Monitoring Survey. This comprises information on primary aggregate sales and reserves, an update on the landbank for primary aggregates and sales of recycled and secondary aggregates. This document is designed to ensure that the latest monitoring information is made available as soon as possible.
South East Aggregate Monitoring Report
The South East Aggregates Monitoring Report includes data on primary aggregate sales, permissions and reserves from quarries and wharves and sales and planning permissions at rail depots, and fixed sites producing recycled and secondary aggregates. Data on marine dredged sand and gravel landed at wharves has also been supplied by the Crown Estate.
The two most recent versions of the Annual Monitoring Report, Local Aggregate Assessment, Aggregates Monitoring Update and South East Aggregate Monitoring Report are available to download below. Older versions are available by contacting the Minerals & Waste Policy and Plans Team.
Files available to download
- Annual Monitoring Report 2015/16 (1.6 MB)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2014/15 [Main Body] (1.8 MB)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2014/15 [Appendices] (1.8 MB)
- Local Aggregate Assessment 2016 (1.8 MB)
- Local Aggregate Assessment: December 2015 (1016.8 KB)
- Aggregates Monitoring Update July 2017 (151.0 KB)
- Aggregates Monitoring Update: June 2016 (77.0 KB)
- SE Aggregates Monitoring Report 2014 & 2015 (1.3 MB)
- SE Aggregates Monitoring Report 2013 (790.6 KB)