Surrey County Council as the Minerals Planning Authority (MPA) and the Waste Planning Authority (WPA) aims to:
- Ensure that we plan to meet Surrey's needs for mineral resources and sustainable waste management
- Minimise adverse impacts of minerals and waste related-development on local communities and the environment
- Set the framework and policies within which future planning applications for mineral and waste development will be considered
Minerals and Waste Development Framework
Surrey County Council’s Minerals and Waste Development Framework (MWDF) is a portfolio of plans and related documents that provide the blueprint for future mineral extraction and waste management in Surrey. The MWDF comprises the following adopted Plans:
- Surrey Waste Plan
- Surrey Minerals Plan Core Strategy Development Plan Document (DPD) 2011
- Surrey Minerals Plan Primary Aggregates DPD 2011
- Surrey Minerals Plan Minerals Site Restoration Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) 2011
- Aggregates Recycling Joint DPD for the Minerals and Waste Plans 2013
Minerals and Waste Development Scheme
The Minerals and Waste Development Scheme (MWDS) is Surrey County Council's public statement of its adopted minerals and waste development plans and documents, and its programme for reviewing them. The latest MWDS was agreed by the County Council on 10 February 2015. The document is available to download below.
For further enquiries please contact the Minerals and Waste Planning Policy Team at: email@example.com.
Find out more
- Statement of community involvement
- Minerals and waste safeguarding
- Oil and gas development
- Annual Monitoring Report
- Local Aggregate Assessment
- Aggregates monitoring updates
- South East Aggregates Monitoring Reports
- South East England Aggregate Working Party
Files available to download
- Surrey Minerals and Waste Development Scheme 2015 (413.7 KB)
This document is the Minerals and Waste Development Scheme for Surrey adopted in February 2015. It is a public statement identifying which local development documents will be produced and when.
- Draft Surrey Minerals and Waste Development Scheme 2017 (519.2 KB)
This is a draft of the updated Minerals and Waste Development Scheme for Surrey. It is a public statement identifying which local development documents will be produced and when.