Skip to main content

Home repairs

Your home must provide a safe environment for those living in it. If you are a homeowner or a private tenant, you may be able to claim help towards making repairs, improvements or adaptations to your home. has more information about the disabled facilities grants. If you are looking for a reliable and approved local trader, please see the Checkatrade website. Consumers can search for their nearest approved trader confident that these traders have given a commitment to high levels of customer service.

Grants are provided at the discretion of your local district or borough council. Contact the local authority housing or environmental health offices for details of what is available.