The Surrey Energy and Sustainability Partnership is a collaborative group involving the county council, all 11 borough and district councils, Surrey Police and Action Surrey.
- Improving the energy efficiency of homes across Surrey, with a particular focus on supporting vulnerable households.
- Improving energy efficiency and renewable energy generation on our own estates.
- Investigating opportunities for and enabling supply chains for local renewable resources.
- Learning for sustainability and energy efficiency in schools.
- Understanding climate change impacts and improving climate change resilience
Surrey boroughs and districts (covering Environment, Housing and Planning):
- Elmbridge Borough Council
- Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
- Guildford Borough Council
- Mole Valley District Council
- Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
- Runnymede Borough Council
- Spelthorne Borough Council
- Surrey Heath Borough Council
- Tandridge District Council
- Woking Borough Council
- Waverley Borough Council
- Surrey County Council (covering Environment, Public Health, Social Care and Schools)
- Surrey Police (Energy and Carbon management of the estate and operations)
The officers' partnership group typically meets twice a year, to develop, commission, implement and govern partnership initiatives. The group will periodically update relevant members (councillors) on any issues and or projects as appropriate.
The dates of the Officers' meeting in 2017 are:
- 27 March 2017 at Woking Borough Council Offices
Surrey Climate Change Strategy
The Partnership agreed the Surrey Climate Change Strategy in 2009, for the period up to 2020. The strategy encompassed carbon emissions from the domestic, commercial and transport sectors and responding to the impacts of climate change. Whilst the strategy remains relevant and important, the requirements on Local Authorities have changed since it was agreed.
Current projects that support our objectives
Private sector housing energy efficiency:
- Partnership of Action Surrey and the 12 councils, covering Environment, Housing, Social care, Public Health and Consumer Protection services, to provide a joined-up referral and support system for all residents, in particular for affordable warmth for vulnerable people.
- Previous projects delivered by Action Surrey include Streets Ahead - helping residents living in solid wall homes which cannot have cavity wall insulation, to access funding and local installers for solid wall insulation. The Streets Ahead project completed 464 solid wall insulation installs across the county.
Improving energy efficiency of own estate:
- All 12 council's have plans in place to improve efficiency and there is ongoing sharing of opportunities and lessons learnt
Understanding climate change impacts and improving resilience:
- The partnership was represented on the Surrey Local Resilience Forum (SLRF) Climate Change sub-group to help address risks from climate change impacts on the emergency services and highlight wider implications for the council. The SLRF has produced the Strategic Climate Change Guidance - Impacts, Mitigation and Adaptation For Surrey (PDF).
Files available to download
- Surrey Climate Change Strategy 2009 (324.5 KB)