Normal opening hours
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9.30am to 5pm
- Wednesday: 10.15am to 5pm
- Thursday: 9.30am to 5pm
- Friday: 9.30am to 5pm
- Saturday: 9.30am to 12.30 and 1.00pm to 4pm
The Centre is closed on Sundays and Bank Holiday weekends (including Saturdays).
You will need a Surrey County libraries ticket or a County Archive Research Network (CARN) card to use our collections. If you do not have either of these, you will need to bring something official as proof of ID and address, such as a driving licence or bank statement.
Amendment to Saturday opening times and document orders
Due to a reduction in our public services team, the search room now closes for lunch between 12.30pm and 1pm on Saturdays. The foyer, foyer computers and public refreshment area will remain open.
Please note that from 6 July 2019, items required on a Saturday from our strongrooms will need to be pre-ordered. Saturday orders should reach us by 12 noon on Fridays. We apologise for any inconvenience that this change in our public service will cause.
Easter 2019 Holiday
- Thursday 18 April 9.30am - 5pm as usual
- Friday 19 April - Monday 22 April Closed
- We will re-open Tuesday 23 April at 9.30am
May 2019 Bank Holidays
- Friday 3 May 9.30am - 5pm as usual
- Saturday 4 May - Monday 6 May Closed
- We will re-open Tuesday 7 May at 9.30am
- Friday 24 May 9.30am - 5pm as usual
- Saturday 25 May - Monday 27 May Closed
- We will re-open Tuesday 28 May at 9.30am
Surrey History Centre
130 Goldsworth Road
- Telephone: 01483 518737
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org