Surrey County Council
Byways Open to All Traffic (BOAT) Nos. 526 (Wotton, Dorking and Capel), Wolvens Lane (D287)
Proposed Prohibition of Traffic Order 202
Surrey County Council propose to make The Surrey County Council, Byways Open to All Traffic (BOAT) Nos. 526 (Wotton, Dorking and Capel) Wolvens Lane (D287) Prohibition of Traffic Order 202- under sections 1 (1), 2 (1) and 2 (2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the effect of which would prohibit all motor vehicles and horse drawn carriages with four or more wheels, wider then 1500mm (4'11"ft) from entering or proceeding in those lengths of the BOAT known as Wolvens Lane which extends, wholly with the Parish of Wotton from its junction with Sheephouse Lane, 480 metres south-east of Guildford Road, (point A at Grid Ref. 512981 147387) in a north-easterly direction for 228 metres to the Parish boundary with Dorking and its junction with public footpath 129 (Dorking) and 122 (Wotton) (at Grid Ref. 513163 147521) (Point B0); then in a south-easterly direction, straddling the boundary between Dorking and the Parish of Wotton for 1650 metres (to Grid Ref. 513882 146075) (point B1); it continues wholly within Dorking in a south-easterly direction for 754 metres to its junction with the Parish of Capel (at Grid. 514268 145454) (point B2); continuing wholly within the Parish of Capel for a further 1681 metres in a south-easterly direction to its junction with Byway Open to All Traffic No. 527 (D287) (at Grid Ref. 515117 144087) (point D) as shown on the attached drawing 3/1/41/H52a.
The prohibition would not apply to vehicles which need to use the BOATs in association with use of the adjacent premises or land, or any vehicle requiring access to the above mentioned BOATs for the purpose of exercising any statutory duty therein or the exercise of private vehicular rights. Those requiring such access will be granted the means to pass any structures put in place.
A copy of the proposed Order, together with a plan showing the lengths of BOAT to which the proposed Order relates, a Statement of the Councils Guidelines for the Acceptance of Objections to the Traffic Regulation Order and a Statement of the Councils reasons for proposing to make the Order can be inspected free of charge at the Countryside Access Office, Surrey County Council, Merrow Depot, Merrow Lane, Guildford GU4 7BQ (by appointment Tel 0300 200 1003) between 10 am and 4 pm, Mondays to Fridays inclusive; at Mole Valley District Council, Pippbrook, 9 Reigate Road, Dorking, RH4 1SJ and Dorking Library, St Martin's Walk, Dorking RH4 1UT during normal opening hours.
The Statement of the Council's Reasons for proposing to make the Order, the draft Order and the draft plan are available to download in PDF format below. The Council's Guidelines for the Acceptance of Objections to Traffic Regulation Orders are listed below this notice.
If you wish to object to the proposed Order you must send the grounds for your objection or other representations in writing, quoting reference DW/3/1/41/526, to Countryside Access, Surrey County Council, Whitebeam Lodge, Merrow Depot, Merrow Lane, Guildford, GU4 7BQ or email: email@example.com not later than 2 May 2022.
Please note that in the interests of open government, responses to this consultation may be disclosed to the public and may be summarised for inclusion in committee reports.
Dated 7 April 2022
Executive Director for Environment, Transport & Infrastructure
Any enquiries relating to this notice should be directed to: Countryside Access Team, Surrey County Council, Whitebeam Lodge, Merrow Depot, Merrow Lane, Guildford GU4 7BQ. Tel: 0300 200 1003 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for the Acceptance of Objections to Traffic Regulation Orders
- Any person may object to the making of an order by the date specified in the notice of proposals or, if later, the end of the period of 21 days beginning with the date on which the order making authority has complied with all the requirements.
- Objections will be accepted up to 3 days after the end of the objection period to allow for postal delays, provided they are dated and posted within the objection period.
- If objectors wish to write further or submit further evidence they may do so provided that they first write and object to the proposals during the objection period. Secondly their correspondence should clearly state that they will be submitting further representations and the type of representation that they will be submitting. If an objector requests permission to submit a letter and then produces a petition this will not be accepted.
- If objectors wish to submit a petition, they may do so at any time during the objection period. If they wish to submit a petition outside the objection period, they must indicate in writing during the objection period and state that their petition will be submitted outside the objection period.
- County Council officers may, if they consider it necessary, impose a further deadline by which additional representations or petition must be sent to the County Council.
- Objectors may withdraw their objections at any time by written instruction. However, once an objector has withdrawn the objection by written instruction that objection may not be revived at a later date.
- All objections, petitions and supporting evidence received in accordance with these guidelines will be considered as objections and will either be considered under officer's delegated powers or presented to the relevant Sub-Committee or Committee of the County Council.
Files available to download
Statement of Reasons for Traffic Regulation Order BOAT 526, (Wotton, Dorking, Capel) (PDF)
Surrey County Council Byways Open to All Traffic (BOAT) Nos. 526 (Wotton, Dorking and Capel), Wolvens Lane (D287), (Prohibition of Traffic) Order 202- Statement of reasons for making the order.
Byways 526 (Wotton, Dorking and Capel) draft prohibition of traffic order 202- (PDF)
The Surrey County Council byways open to all traffic (BOAT) nos. 526 (Wotton, Dorking and Capel) Wolvens Lane (D287) draft prohibition of traffic order 202-.
Proposed Traffic Regulation Order BOAT 526 Order Plan (PDF)
Proposed Traffic Regulation Order over BOAT 526 (Wotton, Dorking, Capel), Wolvens Lane, Order Plan.