At Surrey Arts, we place the highest regard on our keeping our staff team and our students safe – and we are particularly aware of this now, more than ever, as we return to schools post lockdown.
We want to assure you that we are taking every measure we can to keep our students safe as they learn with us.
We have worked hard with Surrey County Council's health and safety team as well as Music Mark, the national organisation for Music Hubs, to put together thorough risk assessments with procedures to keep our teachers and pupils safe. The main measures we are implementing include;
- Teachers will have to keep 2m away from students, and rooms will be ventilated either by an open window or door.
- Teachers will be wiping down surfaces after they have been touched and in between all lessons
- Some teachers may wear masks if they need to, and some will be using a plastic transparent screen
- Students will be asked to wash their hands before and after their lesson, and write in their own practise books or music book wherever they can
- Singers will have to sing quietly, but will work hard on the quality of sound and lots of other techniques
- Teachers will stand to the side of the students instead of in front of them.
We know that, for a few of our students, a change to normal routine can be very difficult. If you would like more detailed information about any changes so that you, or your child is more prepared, please contact us and we will find the best person to help.
We have a brilliant team of teachers who want to teach and give our students the best opportunities to continue on their musical journey, and we can promise you that we are doing our utmost to ensure we can do this whilst keeping everyone safe.