At Surrey Arts, we place the highest regard on our keeping our staff team and our students safe.
We want to assure you that we are continuing to take every measure we can to keep our students safe as they learn with us.
We continue to work hard with Surrey County Council's health and safety team as well as Music Mark, the national organisation for Music Hubs, to put together thorough risk assessments with procedures to keep our teachers and pupils safe. The main measures we are implementing include;
- Teachers keeping a safe distance from students, and rooms will be ventilated either by an open window or door.
- Teachers will be wiping down surfaces regularly to ensure their teaching spaces are clean and safe.
- Some teachers may wear face coverings if they need to, and some may use a plastic transparent screen.
- Students will be asked to wash their hands before and after their lesson, and write in their own practise books or music book wherever they can.
- Teachers will stand to the side of the students instead of in front of them.
- Our ensembles will meet in venues that meet or exceed space requirements, and are well ventilated with appropriate safety measures in place.
We know that, for a few of our students, a change to normal routine can be very difficult. If you would like more detailed information about any changes so that you, or your child is more prepared, please contact us and we will find the best person to help.
We have a brilliant team of teachers who want to teach and give our students the best opportunities to continue on their musical journey, and we can promise you that we are doing our utmost to ensure we can do this whilst keeping everyone safe.