Parking Strategy and Implementation Team - Privacy Notice
- Name of service - Parking Strategy and Implementation Team
- Directorate - Highways, Transport and Environment
- Date of issue - 5 March 2019
- Review date - 5 March 2020
The reasons why we use your personal data
This privacy notice applies to the functions of the Highways service relating to parking and traffic control.
Specifically this covers:
- Disabled bay applications
- Access protection marking applications
- Parking scheme consultations
- Parking restriction requests
- Comments in response to formal advertisement of new parking restrictions
What processing of personal data is undertaken by the specific teams or services
Your personal data is used in the assessment of requests for parking controls, to inform decision making in relation to traffic regulation orders and to help with service improvement and delivery.
What information do we collect?
We collect the minimum of information that is necessary which includes some or all of the following:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Email address
- Blue Badge details
- Vehicle registration details
How we are allowed to use your personal data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK legislation including but not limited to:
- Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
- The Local Authorities' Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England and Wales) Regulations 1996
- Traffic Management Act 2004
With regard to Parking scheme consultations we will seek your consent:
We will explain to you what we will do with your personal data. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org and we will deal with your request.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your data with borough and district councils in Surrey and our contractors in order to deliver the services we provide.
Automated decision making (when computers make any decisions about you)
Personal data being sent or processed outside of the UK and EU
Retention of data
Data will be retained in accordance with the our data retention schedule.
For further information on our privacy notices, please see information and privacy.