Thank you for sharing your views on the five consultations that launched at the end of October and closed on Friday 4 January. As many of you know the council is facing huge financial pressures. Over the next year we need to save a further £85m which means we will have to make changes to some services.
On Tuesday 29 January Surrey County Council's Cabinet was presented with recommendations that were shaped by your feedback on each of the service areas. You can view item 7 of the Cabinet decisions sheet along with the full minutes and you can watch Tim Oliver, Leader of Surrey County Council announce approval of proposals not to close any community recycling centres pending a thorough review of Surrey's Waste and Recycling Service.
Please see below full reports of the feedback for each consultation together with the MEL Research Report referred to in the Cabinet report.
- Children's centres consultation findings summary (PDF)
- Community recycling centres consultation findings summary (PDF)
- Concessionary bus travel consultation findings summary (PDF)
- Libraries and cultural services transformation consultation findings summary (PDF)
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) strategy consultation findings summary (PDF)
- MEL research report - Future of services: Results from resident survey (PDF)
Please check here for further updates.