Over the spring and summer of 2018, Surrey County Council engaged with residents, communities and partners across the county to understand what Surrey should look like by 2030. Informed by the conversations we had, we have been able to create a shared vision for Surrey. The council cannot deliver the Vision for Surrey alone, we will need the support and involvement of partners and residents.
By 2030 we want Surrey to be a uniquely special place where everyone has a great start to life, people live healthy and fulfilling lives, are enabled to achieve their full potential and contribute to their community, and no one is left behind.
Our ambitions for people are:
- Children and young people are safe and feel safe and confident.
- Everyone benefits from education, skills and employment opportunities that help them succeed in.
- Everyone lives healthy, active and fulfilling lives, and makes good choices about their wellbeing.
- Everyone gets the health and social care support and information they need at the right time and place.
- Communities are welcoming and supportive, especially of those most in need, and people feel able to contribute to community life.
We want our county's economy to be strong, vibrant and successful and Surrey to be a great place to live, work and learn. A place that capitalises on its location and natural assets, and where communities feel supported and people are able to support each other.
Our ambitions for our place are:
- Residents live in clean, safe and green communities, where people and organisations embrace their environmental responsibilities.
- Journeys across the county are easier, more predictable and safer.
- Everyone has a place they can call home, with appropriate housing for all.
- Businesses in Surrey thrive.
- Well connected communities, with effective infrastructure, that grow sustainably.
Surrey County Council's new financial and strategic direction
We are now working to transform our services so they can be in the best place to deliver our 2030 ambitions.
We have to achieve your Vision against an ever increasing demand for services and decreasing budgets. We therefore need to look at how we deliver services, considering new ways to help our residents that need us most. We also need to look at how we, as a council, operate, ensuring that our residents are receiving the best from us and ensuring we are as efficient and effective as we should be.
- Organisational Strategy (PDF): we have developed a new Organisational Strategy that looks at how we will work over the next four years and enable us to deliver the Vision and make a real difference to residents' lives.
- People Strategy (PDF): to enable us to deliver for Surrey Residents, we need to ensure we have the right workforce with the right skills. Our People Strategy sets out how we will develop the capacity and capability of our workforce to achieve the changes we need.
- Prelim Financial Strategy (PDF): we need to ensure the council has a balanced budget. As funding decreases and demand for services increases we need to ensure we are in a position to continue to provide services. Our Prelim Financial Strategy sets out how we will achieved a balanced budget.
- Business Cases (PDF): we have developed a number of Business Cases that underpin how we will change as a council and therefore enable us to deliver effective services to residents and achieve our Community Vision for Surrey 2030.