Surrey County Council Contact Centre
How we use your information
We collect and use customer information to manage the delivery of Surrey County Council's services and to inform improvements.
We may need to collect and hold information about you, in order to:
- Deliver public services
- Confirm your identity and update your customer record to provide services
- Contact you by post, email or telephone
- Understand what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services and benefits
- Obtain your opinion on our services
- Prevent and detect fraud and corruption in the use of public funds
- Allow us to undertake statutory functions efficiently and effectively
How we handle your records
Surrey County Council will use the information you provide in a manner that conforms to the Data Protection Act and for the purposes of managing the delivery of Surrey County Council’s services and informing improvements.
We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and not to keep it for longer than necessary.
Customers may choose to remain anonymous however this may compromise Surrey County Council’s ability to offer an effective service and to keep customers up to date on the progress of their enquiry.
What we ask of you?
- Please give us accurate information
- Tell us as soon as possible about any changes to your personal information
- Tell us if you notice mistakes or inaccuracies in the information we have about you
- Tell us if you no longer want to hear from us
This helps us keep our information reliable and up to date.