Skip to main content

Children's services comments and complaints

Who can complain?

The person who makes the complaint must either be the person receiving the services or a person complaining on behalf of the person receiving the services. This can include children and young people, their parents, carers or legal guardians or someone who has the permission of the person receiving the services to represent them. If you have any questions about who can complain, then please call the Children's Rights Team.

Who can help you make a complaint?

Anyone can help you make a complaint. This can be someone you know or someone from a voluntary organisation, such as a mediator or advocate who can help you voice your concerns. You can also ask a translator or a sign language interpreter to accompany you. For more information about organisations offering these services, please see:

How to make a complaint

If things do go wrong, we have a complaints procedure you can use to have us look into your complaint and put matters right as quickly as we can. It is important to make your complaint as soon as possible because we may not be able to consider your complaint if it is about something that happened over 12 months ago.

Ways to make your complaint

After you have made your complaint

If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman for advice at any stage of your complaint.

Further help and advice

If you would like to talk over the complaints process, you can speak to Children's Rights Team or the Local Government Ombudsman or see our Social care complaints - useful contacts page for more contacts who may be able to help you.