Nominate someone that goes the extra mile
Later this year we will be hosting the first Surrey-wide recognition awards, Stars in Surrey, celebrating the efforts and successes of teams across Surrey County Council as well as our partners and heroes in our communities.
Stars in Surrey will be an opportunity to come together and show our appreciation for everyone who provides tireless service to Surrey and the people who live and work here.
While most of the awards recognise our staff and are nominated internally, the Community Hero Award, the Award for Outstanding Customer Service and Frontline Worker of the Year will celebrate a Surrey resident or worker and be chosen by residents, businesses, or other organisations.
Award Categories you can vote for:
- Award for Outstanding Customer Service: Do you know an individual or team who display outstanding customer service, a positive attitude, and a high level of professionalism?
- Frontline Worker of the Year Award (No One Left Behind): Do you know someone who is dedicated to improving the delivery of frontline care and support in Surrey?
- The Make It Happen Community Hero Award (Empowering Communities): Do you know someone working in your local community who goes above and beyond to make a difference?
The Stars in Surrey Awards will take place later this year, more information to follow soon.
Please nominate your chosen individual using the STARS in Surrey online forum. A full breakdown of award eligibility, the judging process and next steps can be found below.
Nominations close at 5pm on Friday 2 September.
What are the judges looking for?
All nominations will be judged based on how the person, organisation or project has:
- Improved the local community or made a difference at the council
- Positively affected people living and working in Surrey
- Inspired others to undertake positive action
Who can enter?
The Awards are open to all residents and must be based on activities that have taken place since the start of 2020 onwards (with the exception of our 'of the Year' awards).
Our nominees should be people or organisations who have had a positive impact on those living and working in Surrey.
What comes next?
The judging panel will shortlist three nominees in each category and meet to determine the winners for each category. We will be announcing the shortlisted nominees in September, stay tuned!
More from your council
- Help Shape Farnham's Future
- Surrey Fire and Rescue are recruiting
- Do you know where to turn?
- Social Value Marketplace connecting organisations and individuals
- No One Left Behind
- ‘No one left behind’ ambition guides Surrey’s 2022/23 budget
- Arranging care and support for you or a loved one?
- Afghan refugees in Surrey
- How to safely dispose of batteries
- Automatic fire alarms for businesses