Find the support you and your loved ones need
Many people live with conditions or disabilities that prevents them from leading the lives they want to and just need a little support. Often people don't plan what to do, or know where to turn, in the event of a health or care crisis for themselves or for a loved one.
The Surrey Information Point (SIP) website includes a vast amount of useful information and details of local trusted networks and organisations to help you and your loved ones live healthy, happy and independent lives.
There is lots of help available in your local area and Surrey Information Point (SIP) can point you in the right direction to find, and make, the right choices on care and support.
- Help with shopping, cooking and eating
- Emotional support and befriending groups and services
- Home care agencies to help people do everyday things like getting out of bed, dressing and washing
- Groups and services for various health conditions including diabetes, disability, dementia, cancer and mental health and wellbeing centres
- Activities and hobbies in your local community
- Support for people who are caring for others
- Getting out and about.
So if you, or someone you know, needs some extra help after a hospital stay or an illness or they're just not able to do all the things they once could do themselves there's some great options in the community where you live.
If you're not confident online, ask friends or family, health and care professionals, charities or staff in your local library to show you where you can find more information online and access the support you need.
More from health and wellbeing
- Creating a dementia-friendly Surrey
- Top tips and advice for staying cool in the warmer weather
- Caring for Surrey's Carers
- Specsavers Surrey Youth Games 2022
- Have you registered your Defibrillator?
- Nature on prescription in Surrey
- Be Tick Aware
- Community nature projects awarded grants to improve health and wellbeing
- Do you know where to turn?
- It’s time for period dignity across Surrey
- Coping with Exam Stress
- Your sexual health and wellbeing
- Mental Health Resources
- Help stop the stigma around addiction and mental health