Ensuring no one is left behind in Surrey
In line with the council's ambition to tackle inequalities in health and ensure no one in Surrey is left behind, older people with complex needs will be given greater choice over their care and support under a new plan for adult social care in Surrey.
The plan - which has been put together following input from hundreds of people including residents, unpaid carers, staff and providers - outlines how the council will be working with the NHS and private care providers across the county, to create more places in specialist facilities for people who need intensive support – whether they're eligible for social care services or not.
Fit for the future
Surrey County Council will also be investing more in services to help people stay healthy and happy in their local communities for longer, including enabling more residents to benefit from day services and activities.
The plan also sets out how people will be supported to carry on living at home as long as they can, with care and support, including through the use of pioneering technology which keeps people safe and independent at home – if that is right for them. More details about this are available in the full Surrey News story.
Our commitment to providing 725 homes by 2030 in extra care housing – which offers people their own front door with care and support always on hand - will be central to the plan. Find out more by watching the video below.
You can access the full plan by visiting the council meeting agenda web page, item number 217/21.
More from health and wellbeing
- Be Tick Aware
- COVID vaccines for 5 to 11 year olds
- Walk to School Week
- Community nature projects awarded grants to improve health and wellbeing
- Do you know where to turn?
- It’s time for period dignity across Surrey
- Coping with Exam Stress
- Your sexual health and wellbeing
- We are the face of support
- Honest and thoughtful conversations about death and dying
- Put a spring in your step
- Are you struggling to stay independent at home?
- Hi-tech sensors helping people to live independently at home
- You care, we care
- Nature on prescription in Surrey