Don't let dust settle on your old bike, donate it to a local charity
No-one needs reminding that household incomes are being squeezed, but even if you feel unable to donate to a favourite charity at the moment there's still a way you can help others. If you have an old bike taking up space in your shed or garage, why not donate it for a good cause?
Bicycles donated at any of Surrey's Community Recycling Centres will either be sold, with a donation to a range of local charities, or passed to one of the county's Bike Projects who will assess, and refurbish the bike to make it ready for a new home. And thanks to site operators SUEZ, until the end of July, one of the charitable causes to benefit from the scheme will be displaced Ukrainian families.
Bike scheme for Ukrainians closing date 7 July 2022
The draw for the bike scheme for Ukrainians has now closed. But donations of bikes will still be accepted as detailed above.
More from community matters
- Your Surrey COVID Heroes E-book of Thanks
- Travel schemes for Ukrainian evacuees
- Caring for Surrey's Carers
- New On Demand Bus Service in Mole Valley
- Looking after our veterans
- Queen's Baton Relay route in England announced
- Visiting a Community Recycling Centre?
- What support is available for Ukrainian nationals ?
- Do you know where to turn?
- Join Surrey’s Biggest Family
- Your Fund Surrey £100m fund
- Social Value Marketplace connecting organisations and individuals
- Make it happen Surrey
- Would you like your event listed in Surrey Matters?
- ‘No one left behind’ ambition guides Surrey’s 2022/23 budget
- Celebrating STARS in Surrey
- Putting Surrey culture on the map
- Sign up to a Priority Services Register for when you need it the most
- Help stop the stigma around addiction and mental health