Keep the chill off and save money this winter with our Warm Welcomes
For the second year, Surrey County Council has organised a number of Warm Welcomes across the county. There are over 80 Warm Welcomes across Surrey in a range of venues including libraries, village halls and other community spaces.
Since our Warm Welcome venues opened their doors in November 2023, over 16,000 Surrey residents have attended sessions, getting a free hot drink, energy advice, winter essential items and much more.
How to find local Warm Welcome venues near you
With the current cold weather, we would like to remind residents Warm Welcome venues are open to everyone this winter free of charge – no matter your age or situation. You can find a full list of venues on our warm welcome web page.
Whether you are old or young, live alone or live with your family, feel like you are struggling or just managing to get by, a Warm Welcome awaits you.
Each Warm Space is slightly different. In addition to helping people to keep warm this winter; some locations may also be offering breakfast and lunchtime clubs, afterschool clubs for children, creative activities such as board games, toddler toys and knitting. Some Warm Welcomes will be giving out free items such as wheat bags, thermal socks and gloves, electric blankets and fuel vouchers (subject to availability).
Whether you need a quiet space to work remotely, or want to connect and enjoy the company of others, there is something for everyone. All you have to do is show up!
More from community matters
- Help us showcase Surrey's beautiful landscape
- Your Fund Surrey Small Community Projects Funding
- Top 10 library events this February
- Don’t fall victim to scammers
- Keep informed with the In The Know scheme
- Our Libraries are Where It Happens!
- Multi million pound transformations for Surrey Libraries
- Surrey Libraries introduce biodegradable eco library cards
- Community Link Officers in Surrey
- Free bus travel in Surrey and across England
- Surrey Libraries Super Access comes to Horley
- Directory of Essential Services for every household in Surrey
- Banstead library introduces ‘magic table’ to help people with dementia
- Let’s all stand up to harassment
- Winter Mini Challenge 2023
- Community Link Officers are making it happen across Surrey
- Trading Standards take a stand against romance fraud
- Planning a wedding or ceremony in 2024?
- LGBT+ History Month 2024
- Kickstart your career with free skills training
- Do you know how safe your electric blanket is?
- Surrey Community Lounge
- Summer work experience programme