Our values and behaviours in Fire and Rescue
- Responsibility - We are answerable for our decisions and actions.
- Fairness and respect - We embrace diversity and promote a culture of inclusivity.
- Honesty and integrity - We are truthful and trustworthy. We do the right thing, even if is not the easiest option.
- Leadership - We choose to lead by example and inspire others in an ethical way.
- Openness - We are open to new ideas.
- Professionalism - We will always be the best we can be.
- Take responsibility for our actions and omissions.
- Be accountable for delivering our part of the organisation's mission.
- Ask for help and work as one team to achieve our goals.
Fairness and respect
- Be respectful to others and have the courage to challenge poor behaviours.
- Recognise and value the contributions and talents of all, for the benefit of individuals and the organisation.
- Contribute to an open and non-judgemental culture where everyone feels able to speak their mind.
Honesty and integrity
- Admit to mistakes and allow the organisation to learn from them.
- Deliver and accept constructive feedback in order to continuously improve.
- Engage in open, mature and honest communication.
- Do what is right, even if it's not convenient or for individual benefit.
- Keep to our promises.
- Work openly with colleagues and build relationships based on trust and a common purpose.
- Encourage others to be the best they can be by demonstrating high standards at all times.
- Use our values to support ourselves, colleagues and the organisation to perform at the highest level.
- Make ethical, legal, and transparent decisions.
- Be flexible and willing to accept new challenges and ways of working.
- Encourage innovation through active engagement and understanding how we can do things better.
- Be open and transparent in our actions and decisions, putting the organisation before personal gain.
- Understand the needs of our residents and do all we can to deliver the best service possible.
- Use skills, judgement and self-control to conduct ourselves appropriately at all times.
- Remain curious and continue to learn - seek out new experiences and knowledge.