We offer a range of free courses to help you develop your business. These include a free Steps to Environment Management training programme and free training to develop your marketing, sales and business sustainability.
- What is Steps to Environment Management (STEM)
- Upcoming Steps to Environmental Management courses courses
- Other free training for your business
- Further resources
What is Steps to Environment Management (STEM)?
Our Steps to Environmental Management courses are a set of three free courses, which have been developed to provide training, tools and resources to businesses to enable you to understand and calculate your business carbon footprint, design your own environmental management plan and know what it will take to get to Net Zero. It will give you the tools for you to make informed decisions and prepare your business for the future.
The course set out in 3 levels and with each block you get an accreditation recognised by Councils in the Southeast or other local organisations. These levels correspond to the 3 phases of the National Standard BS 8555. The scheme has obtained supporting statements from both IEMA (Institute of environmental assessment) and the Carbon Trust.
Blue – Helping you get top management Support and calculate your Carbon Footprint
In this free blue introductory session, we take you through what it means to have an environmental policy, what to include in a baseline assessment of your aspects and impacts and how to it carry out.
Silver - Helping you identify the resources, legal requirements, training and communications needed for your environmental programme.
In the free silver session, we look at assuring compliance obligations are met, setting objectives and targets, measuring environmental performance, having methods of communication and training, and agreeing roles and responsibilities. So, you can start building your own Environment Management Plan.
GOLD – Helping you monitor, report, document your actions and impacts.
In the free gold course, we look at how you are measuring, monitoring, and reporting, engaging stakeholders and further documenting your efforts, actions, and impacts, by completing the course you are on your way to having a lot of the documentation required for ISO14001.
Why should you join the course:
- It's free.
- It's online and easy to join.
- No prior experience needed.
- Tools provided.
- Enabling you to design a bespoke, tailored environment plan for your business.
- Lead by people with knowledge in environmental management.
- Networking opportunities.
- Accreditation recognised by a range of local organisations when tendering for work.
- Organisations report implementing energy saving measures, often making financial savings.
- More than 500 Southeast businesses have already completed at least one level of the course.