An exciting line-up of speakers
The Surrey Armed Forces Covenant Conference 2022 will bring together all those supporting the Armed Forces Covenant in Surrey to share, celebrate and build on the partnership between Surrey's armed forces and civilian communities. We are so grateful to the wonderful speakers who have agreed to be part of a day which we believe will engage and inspire us all.
Tickets have almost sold out for this year's conference. Please note only those who have registered in advance will be admitted, so please only travel if you have received confirmation .
If you have any queries please email email@example.com
Agenda - 15 March 2022
10am Welcome to Army Training Centre Pirbright
- Lt Col Shamus Kelly, Commanding Officer, ATC (Pirbright)
10.10am Chair's welcome and highlights of the last 12 months
- Helyn Clack, Chair of Surrey Civilian Military Partnership Board
10.25am The Army in Surrey - current deployments and priorities
- Col John Baynham, HQ 11 Security Force Assistance Brigade
- Maj David Broomfield , 3 Ranger, Army Special Ops Brigade
- Major Ben Stockley, Army Basing Ops and Plans (To be confirmed)
10.55am Resettlement of Afghan citizens
- The Lived Experience
- Rev (Flt Lt) Jonathan Newell, RAF Brize Norton
- Michael Coughlin, Chair of Wider Immigration Group, Surrey County Council
11.35am Supporting the wellbeing of our veterans
- Joanna Brittan, Epsom and St Helier Hospital Trust
- Tracey Morris, Adult Social Care, Surrey County Council
12pm Lunch, networking and stands
1pm Falklands 40
- Steve Schooling, Former Royal Marine, firefighter and current Border Force Officer
- Major Dan Brooks, Officer Commanding 4PWRR
1.30pm Keynote speech
- Col Sam Shepherd MBE ADC, Regimental Colonel, The Royal Artillery
2.10pm Armed Forces Act 2021 - 'Due Regard'
- George Tomlinson, Covenant in the Community Lead, Ministry of Defence
- Surrey's response to the Act - Canon Peter Bruinvels, Surrey County Council
2.35pm Supporting soldier, veterans and immediate families
- Major Will Tower MBE, Regional Director SE, ABF Soldiers' Charity
2.50pm Closing remarks
- Helyn Clack, Chair of SCMPB
Army Training Centre (Pirbright) have kindly agreed to host the event, which we are delighted to confirm will be held in person this year.
Security is paramount and only those who have registered in advance will be admitted.
Army Training Centre (ATC) Pirbright