By becoming one of our foster carers you'll be joining Surrey's biggest family. You'll be a part of a growing support network that aims to make the lives of children and young people better.
You'll have your own supervising social worker who will visit you every six weeks, more often if needed. You will also meet other foster carers who will become a key support network for you.
As a foster carer for Surrey County Council you will benefit from:
- An experienced foster carer 'buddy'
- A custom training package
- One-to-one support from your own supervising social worker
- The chance to build good support networks with other foster carers
- Social events
- Regular support groups
- Competitive allowances paid for each child in your care
- 24-hour emergency support
- Fostering Network membership
- Support, advice and advocacy from the Surrey Foster Care Association
- National Association of Therapeutic Parents (NATP) membership
- Taking part in the Mockingbird Family Model™
- Opportunities to gain accredited qualifications
- The reward of making a difference to a child's life