How you can apply for an award for your premises
The free award is open to all types of catering establishment that cater for the general public, if you are interested in achieving an Eat Out Eat Well Award, please contact:
Kate Bailey or Andy Pollard
Buckinghamshire and Surrey Trading Standards Service
Surrey RH1 1YB
- Tel: 0300 123 2329
- Email: email@example.com
The award is assessed and managed by Trading Standards Service in partnership with the local Environmental Health Service.
What you need to do to be an award winner
To achieve an eat out eat well award, applicants must:
- Meet the required standard for food hygiene and food standards, at the registration stage.
- Where required, make changes to the way their food is prepared, consistent with the award conditions.
- Where appropriate provide and promote healthier menu choices in the establishment.
You will usually be considered for an award at the time of a satisfactory food hygiene inspection by environmental health or a food standards inspection by Trading Standards. In addition, you may also be assessed if you made a request.
How you can nominate a restaurant, pub or café for an award
- Have recently eaten at a restaurant, pub or café in Surrey or Buckinghamshire that has offered a choice of healthy meals in addition to a normal menu?
- Were you impressed by the quality and range of the healthy options?
If so, you may like to nominate the catering business for an Eat Out Eat Well Award. The Eat Out Eat Well Award rewards catering businesses that provide a healthy alternative on their daily menus.
If you would like to nominate a catering business please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading "Eat Out Eat Well nomination" and include the business name and address.