You must register if you own or are responsible for a poultry premises with 50 or more birds. They do not have to be all of the same species. This applies even if your premises are only stocked for part of the year.
Premises with fewer than 50 birds do not need to register, but the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) encourages keepers to do so voluntarily.
To keep the register up to date, you must notify APHA of any significant changes to information you have already supplied. You should do this within one month of the changes happening. You should call the GB Poultry Register on: 0800 634 1112.
For more information on keeping poultry, please read through the following information below from the Department for Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) and Gov.uk:
- Poultry farms: general regulations
- Poultry: welfare off the farm
- Poultry farming: health regulations
- Poultry welfare: guidance on the farm
- Keeping livestock healthy, disease controls and prevention
- Welfare of animals during transport: advice for transporters of poultry
If you have any queries contact our Business Advice line on 0300 123 2329 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org