The Surrey Employment and Skills Board (ESB) was established by Surrey County Council in 2013, to provide a collective voice for employers on skills issues that impact the economic growth and productivity of Surrey's public, private and third sector organisations.
The ESB aims to bring together expertise, knowledge and experience in Surrey to influence the skills agenda within a landscape that is rapidly changing and challenging for employers.
It is a platform to collectively discuss and develop employer-led solutions to help address the growing skills needs and highlight gaps in local education and workforce training provision from the perspective of employers.
The aim of the ESB is to be the voice of Surrey employers in working with the government to develop solutions to improve workforce skills to meet future demands and enable increased productivity and growth by:
- representing the skill needs of Surrey employers to influence government policy; and
- facilitating better relationships for local employers with key skills stakeholders including education/training providers, local people and relevant skills organisations.
We have created a proactive, employer led board, chaired by Bob Pickles, Head of Corporate and Government Affairs, Canon (UK) Ltd, with representation, at a senior level, from the Surrey business community, Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs), Surrey County Council, districts and boroughs, higher and further education, Surrey head teachers and NHS employer representative.
The Employment and Skills Board meets quarterly to discuss skills issues and report on project progress. Our latest board meeting minutes can be found below.
Files available to download
- Surrey Employment and Skills Board Minutes 12 Dec 2018 (449.2 KB)
Board Minutes from the Employment and Skills Board Meeting December 2018
- Surrey Emploment and Skills Board Minutes Sept 2018 (412.8 KB)
Board Minutes from the Employment and Skills Board Meeting, September 2018
- Surrey Employment and Skills Board minutes June 2018 (251.2 KB)
Board Minutes from the Employment and Skills Board Meeting, June 2018