If you receive a cold call from a rogue trader contact our team via Citizens Advice consumer service on: 0808 223 1133. Our officers are available weekdays between 9am and 5pm.
Have you had any of these approaches?
- "You've got a loose tile on your roof"
- "I can give you a good price to repair your driveway"
- "I'm doing a survey"
- "I advise on security/home safety"
- "We were working next door when we noticed…"
- "You have definitely won a prize"
- "We are only in your area this week"
- "Can you help with market research?"
- "I'm selling on behalf of …"
- "We're looking for show homes…"
All of the above claims are used by uninvited doorstep callers/sales people as an introduction to try and get you to pay for services or goods you don't want or need.
Always ask yourself
- Do I really want the work done, or the goods?
- Would I normally have agreed to this?
- Have I compared prices?
- What if it goes wrong?
- Do I know the seller?
- Can I really afford it?
- Can I contact the seller again?
- Do I have any cancellation rights?
Don't hurry to part with your money, a good deal will always wait.